Why Red Easter Eggs?
In the orthodox faith the egg symbolises the sealed Tomb of Christ — the cracking of which symbolised his resurrection from the dead. The red colour symbolises the blood of Christ
Do you want to dye your eggs like we will do on Holly Saturday morning?
It is simple just follow a few easy steps:
- Combine water, onion skins, and vinegar in a pot; bring to a boil. Set aside onions for another use. …
- Remove skins from dye and discard skins. Place eggs in the dye and bring to a boil; cook for 15 minutes. …
- Transfer eggs to a wire rack to dry, about 15 minutes.
- Rub olive oil onto each egg to make them shiny.
- If that sounds difficult just use Anatoli dye and cold water following the instructions on the packet.